SP & SD Machine Series Overview
The Automated Catheter Hole Making solutions are powerful and safe solutions to hole making needs of various shapes and sizes. Four models, ranging from one to four axes, allow for repeatable patterns of round, oval and other shaped holes. The automated catheter hole punching and automated medical tube drilling equipment utilize quick-change tooling that manages a broad range of material types and sizes while limiting production impact from change-overs.
Utilizing punches featuring SYNEO’s Hollow Core Sharpening Technology, these hole making systems provide superior hole quality and repeatability. SYNEO hole making solutions are capable of hole sizes as small as .005”, and offer capabilities such as quick-change tooling, multi-lumen location, and drilling holes between cross-sections of braided material.
- Full-color, touch-screen HMI.
- Any hole or skive pattern is achievable with programmable 3 and 4 axis CNC-style machine.
- Wide range of automation options including:
- hole-plug detection
- non-contact lumen location
- drill tip registration
- light curtain safety enclosures
- vision assisted linear and rotational positioning systems
- vertical slitting capability
- Quick-change drill and punch head configurations to minimize application changeovers.
- Recipe-driven software for fast changeovers with barcode reader integrations.
- Programmable routine service and maintenance reminders.
- These automated catheter hole drillers and punching equipment utilize cutting tools featuring SYNEO Hollow Core Sharpening Technology for superior, flash-free hole quality and repeatability, with holes as small as .005″.
- Spindle speed: 0 – 4,000rpm
- Drill depth setting resolution: .001″ (.025mm)
- Drill Chuck Run-out: .002″ (.05mm) TIR
- Drill chuck: .125″ (3.17mm) diameter
- Power: 110VAC at 50/60Hz
- Air: 30-120psi
- Teflon® PTFE
- Teflon® FAP
- PVC (vinyl)
- Latex and natural rubber
- Nylon 6 and small diameter nylon 12
- Delrin® (acetal)